Yes, we know- smoothie bowls are everywhere. But we just had to share this one: whilst it may take a little bit more effort than a slice of toast, it certainly doesn’t require spirulina, cordyceps, or other hard-to-find and pricey ingredients. This is a smoothie bowl for those who want a lush breakfast with minimal faff. The only thing you MUST do is heat your peanut butter, as this saves you from getting a frozen clump of peanut butter floating rigidly on top of your smoothie. It also makes for a lovely hot-cold contrast as you eat.
3 frozen bananas
1 handful any fresh or frozen berries
3 tbsp. peanut butter
1 handful ready-made granola (or make your own)
A small handful of any fresh fruit you have
- Whip the bananas out of the freezer 10-15 minutes before you want to blend (or else your blender will suffer).
- Place the banana, berries, and about 200ml water (half a coffee mug) into a food processor or blender
- Whizz until smooth and portion into bowls
- Heat your peanut butter in a mug in the microwave for 20 seconds. Continue to do 10 second blasts until it is warm to touch. Add it to the bowls.
- Sprinkle the other half with ready-made granola
- Chuck on any fresh fruit you have lying around
- That’s it!
Let us know down below if you have a favourite smoothie bowl recipe!
This post was guest authored by Katie Burns - Planty McPlantface founder, vegan advocate, and sweet potato aficionado.